Saturday, May 21, 2011

Leaving Chile


Today was our final day in Chile as we prepared to leave for the airport. I woke up this morning and stopped at Starbucks for breakfast. After a short nap, we headed out to our final Chilean meal. We went to Pueblo Rico, which was a nearby restaurant and I had my favorite Chilean dish, lomo al pobre. After that, we headed off to the airport for our departure to Atlanta.
It was sad leaving Chile and Vina del Mar as I learned so much and became acquainted with the culture. Last night, we had sad goodbyes with Werner and all of the Chilean students. Fortunately, both Javiers are studying abroad at the University of Pittsburgh in the fall, so hopefully we will be able to meet up sometime. It was amazing how easy it was to make friends from another culture, but it probably helped that they all spoke excellent english.
Overall, this was an amazing experience because we not only traveled to another country and saw  various tourist attractions, but we also got to know the people who lived there and learned how they viewed us and their country. I'm so glad I decided to come to Chile because it has such a vibrant culture. And so I leave with this: chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment