Sunday, May 15, 2011

Exploring More of Chile


We had another free day today so we just walked around Vina. We walked along the beach and saw several men making artwork in the sand, which was really cool. We also walked by all of the shops that were on the boardwalk; I finished buying all of my souvenirs. Since it was warmer and there was less fog today, I could see all of the cargo ships in the bay, which were bringing in the huge containers that we saw at the port the other day. We also walked around the mall, which was very similar to the ones in the U.S. However, they had more expensive restaurants and buffets in the food court, which was a little odd.
We went to dinner tonight at Tierra del Fuego, which was a nice restaurant that overlooked the ocean. The food was delicious and I got steak with a cheesy salsa and really skinny french fries that were good. For dessert, I had a tarta with blueberries and delicious chocolate ice cream. I feel like there is not really a specific Chilean cuisine as most restaurants have a lot of steak and seafood. However, this weekend did expose me to more Chilean culture as we had the opportunity to mingle in the streets and the mall with other Chileans, which helped me to better understand the everyday lives of these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment